Sunday, January 22, 2012

SOPA and PIPA

In class on Wednesday, January 18, 2012, we were talking about SOPA and PIPA.

Wednesday morning before we went to class I noticed that google and wikipedia were blacked out/ had a censor bar over the name of the website. I was wondering what was going on so I clicked on the google icon and it took me to a site where it was talking about SOPA and PIPA. The site was explaining how they're trying to band a lot of things from the Internet. In a way, this would be going against our first amendment which is our right to have freedom of speech. A lot of people are against SOPA and PIPA, including me, and are voting for them not to do what they are planning to do. In my opinion, the Internet wouldn't be the same anymore if all these sites that we go to EVERYDAY are block or restricted on what can published on it. Soo, basically I'm against SOPA and PIPA.

1 comment:

  1. you know people tend to abuse thier rights, nowadays everything is considered freedom of speech, their is no bundry whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete